Strut co-owner Ann just came back from the bridal market and is bursting with happiness over the awesome new bridal gowns she found. Here's our spring 2012 wedding dress trend report!
Wait, are we talking about 2012 or 2011 wedding dress trends?! Brides, it's time to talk 2012. Here's why:
1. We order these new wedding dresses in April.
2. New dresses arrive at our Phoenix wedding dress store from July-September.
3. If you haven't already purchased your wedding dress for a spring 2012 wedding, LATE SUMMER AND VERY EARLY FALL IS THE TIME!
You'll get to see the very latest styles, although you're cutting your order time very close (fair warning!). So, here's a quick report of top trends we found at market (photos aren't allowed, for obvious reasons!):
- RUFFLES! Yes, we're excited to report that ruffled wedding gowns are still huge for 2012. From ball gowns to trumpet gowns, we've seen every kind of ruffle–horizontal, vertical and torn-looking, even some that look like tumbleweed. These can be great plus size wedding dresses depending on the bride's body type and the size of the ruffle. Don't worry–we can show you curvy brides how to rock a ruffled wedding gown!
- Flowers. Found mostly on wedding gown skirts, flowers are still in for 2012. These can be embroidered or three dimensional.
- Beaded belts.Yep–brides love a little bling at the waist, so look for more gowns with beaded belts and accents at the natural waist. This is a great detail to have on a plus size wedding gown because it helps create structure and a focal point on the body.
- LACE. We purchased ball gowns with lace details, but what you'll see mostly is a fantastic lace trumpet wedding gowns. We couldn't take photos of the new styles, but here's the SHAPE:
Think very fitted through the bodice and thighs, plus a more generous skirt than last season's lace style. It'll look much like the gown above but in all lace. We can't wait to get it in the store! Just remember, lace gowns typically cost a bit more than plain satin styles because of the detail work involved.
We work hard to bring in brands and styles that are flattering as well as fit our Phoenix-area brides' budgets. That's why we're excited to bring in Enzoani for a trunk show at the end of April. We'll have 14 Enzoani gowns in plus sizes here for 10 days only for you ladies to try out. Stay tuned for more info!