We know that a lot of curvy Arizona brides are looking for a plus size wedding dress with long sleeves, whether it's for modesty, comfort, or religious reasons. And when you start looking around local bridal salons, including Strut, you see that most stores have strapless gowns. Before you get disappointed, let us explain why Strut doesn't carry many bridal gowns with long sleeves.
We've found two main problems with long sleeve wedding dresses:
- They look, to be honest, shapeless and matronly. We're experts in finding the perfect, flattering fit–we'll make you love your shape–so let us put you in something that reflects your age and your real waistline!
- They tend to swallow up brides. By that we mean the bustlines are often too high and the shoulders are too close to your face or much too wide (too much material). If you're busty, or short, or have narrow shoulders, or have a short waist, these standard built-up wedding gowns with sleeves will usually not work.
So when you shop at Strut, this is our advice: love the dress from the bodice down, and let us show you how to fix the rest. We do a lot of customization. Did you see our previous post on Strut Bride Katie? She needed a modest wedding gown for her temple wedding. Here's the before:
- Add straps–narrow, narrow to wide at the top of the shoulder, wide on the back to cover back fat, off the shoulder, shoulder only straps….etc.
- Cover just the upper arms with a wrap or sleeve
- Cover shoulder to mid upper arm, to elbow, to 3/4 length sleeve, to full length sleeve.
You see, there are just so many options that we want the right coverage for YOU, so we'll work with you to find the right solution for your comfort level. When you come in for your visit, we'll show you how different bolero jackets would work with your wedding dress. We can grab some extra fabric and show you different sleeve options. Give us a call–we're happy to help you create your dream wedding dress with sleeves or straps!